The Trophy Room
Jason Seife’s work is influenced by the intricate—and sacred—geometry and compositions of Middle Eastern tapestries, such as Persian textiles and the Shahnameh; or, The Book of Kings. The son of immigrants from Syria and Cuba, Seife’s work pays homage to his roots whilst conveying Middle Eastern artistic traditions on canvas and concrete to a largely Western audience.
- Representation: Jason Seife is represented by the UK-based Unit London—an established gallery for emerging artists.
- Works on Concrete: Seife’s series of works on concrete are simultaneously sculptural and painterly, given that he mixes and pours the concrete to evoke the patinated beauty of textiles and architecture found throughout the Middle East.
- 888: the New World: Seife is among 28 artists, including Pak, Fewocious, Fvckrender, and Paris Hilton, who is scheduled to release art on the well-known collector, 888, newest platform. Seife is also scheduled to curate drops on 888’s site.
- Recent Solo Exhibitions: 2020 A Small Spark Vs A Great Forest, Unit, London; 2018 Nucleus, The Sharjah Art Museum, Sharjah, United Arab Emirates; and 2018 Writing On The Walls, Montoro12 Gallery, Brussels, Belgium
- Original NFTs: Seife has minted two original 1/1 NFT of his genesis trilogy: “RE: birth” and “RE: build” which were collected by @888thvault for 48.888 ETH and 50.888 ETH, respectively–approximately 100 ETH. Note, the final piece in the trilogy is forthcoming.
- Oil & Acrylic: Seife’s detailed paintings require a significant amount of time to execute. As such, he’s a low-output artist whose originals retain value due to their scarcity. Seife composes, on average, 10 – 12 paintings each year, with prices ranging from $8,000 to $50,000.
- Editions: Seife has released two editions (priced at $750 each) of originals; Moon Underwater in 2020 and Stare at the Sun in 2021. Seife issued 50 copies of Moon Underwater and 75 copies of Stare at the Sun at a price of $750, approximately $94,000 in total sales.
- Mass Appeal: Seife is an emerging artist who has garnered a wide audience of collectors and has executed successful collaborations with brands such as Kobe, Nike, and Jumpman (forthcoming)
- NFT: With his genesis drop on Nifty Gateway, Seife weaves past collaborations with Kobe/Nike and an upcoming collaboration with Jordan Brand into six clean and serene digital pieces which constitute “The Trophy Room.”
- Strong NFT Community Engagement: Seife has been very active in Discord, engaging with collectors and fellow artists. While he is not a digitally native crypto artist, Seife views this moment as a digital renaissance and is committed to the NFT space long-term.
- Collector Audience: Seife’s work appeals to collectors of fine art as well as those interested in collaborative projects between artists and popular brands, such as Nike and Jumpman. For his NFT drop on NG, Seife’s work may attract notable NFT collectors as well as those looking to acquire their first or second NFT.
The Nifty Gateway/Trophy Room Drop
- Seife will release 6 NFTs via drawings and silent auctions; prices for the drawings range between $350 and $824; the silent auctions have a $1,000 and $1,200 minimum bid
- Drawing winners will be rewarded with a physical—a print and/or custom basketball
- Collectors can expect to see Jason further exploring blockchain via AR/VR exhibitions and digital counterparts to his physical works. At the same time, Jason will explore time-based possibilities via smart contracts to deepen the gradation in mediums as seen in his concrete paintings