Bored Apes Yacht Club Thesis:
A Collectible That Is Collected (and not flipped)
- BAYC, or Bored Ape Yacht Club, is the project that pushes Cryptopunks or Cryptokitties one step further
- Grants the owner all the commercial rights linked to the ape. Commercial rights mean you can use and monetize your ape as much as you want. No royalty to BAYC
- Apes function as a membership card: new community created overnight
- Full story behind the apes: in the near future, the apes get rich with cryptocurrencies. So rich, that life becomes boring, very boring. So they started to meet up and gather in a swamp private club: the Bored Ape Yacht Club, a cool dive bar where all the cool bored kids go.
- Clear roadmap and communication
- Unique: all apes have unique characters. BAYC sold out overnight after Jimmy and Pransky joined the minting.
- Took Twitter as their jungle and apes follow apes. Contrary to OG punks, who don’t really have any utility minus the status, a BAYC ape has the cool factor, the utility, and a flaming community who hold each other’s hands. Sets the bar very, very high.
- On June 18, they announced that 10,000 randomized Doggos would be given for free to all ape owners. Unclaimed doggos would be left to the swamp.
- 10k apes were minted in 24h. 2.8$M of primary sales. Secondary sales up to almost 52$M and going strong 2 MONTHs after drop
- Avg. secondary is 1.48 eth and keeps climbing
- Right now, it’s the top collectible project with the most individual owners, reaching more than 4500 wallets.
- The floor to buy an ape today is 3.5 eth, versus 0.08 eth at minting. NBA players are getting into it. The BAYC did a genesis merch drop and it sold out in 4 minutes.
- Floor for the dogs is 1.5 eth
- 5eth treasure hunt has been planned.
- The founders are teaming up with Sandbox, RTFKT, etc. For sandbox, ape holders will get a free 3d ape.
- NessGraphics released a very successful 100 edition NFT for 1 eth that displays +30 BAYC profiles in his trademark style (Bored Ness Ape Club). Secondary sales already at 1.9-2eth each
- BAYC shows the power of the community and the potential for its own commercial derivatives. The founders, with all that power, might seek out bigger and bigger collaborations
- BAYC just airdropped to all ape owners a BAYC branded hoodie to wear in DCL
- BAYC just airdropped (minus gas) a free doggo for every ape owned. Floor for unrevealed doggos is near 1.5 eth.
VIDEO BELOW DUPLICATE MATERIAL
Video Goal: To educate the BAYC culture to those who are not aware.
- What is BAYC, uprising, maybe even a case study
- How to be part of BAYC
- BAYC benefits such as membership etc
- Social impact on NFT community
- How to socialize in BAYC discord/ BAYC Grants
- What is BAYC?
- BAYC, or Bored Ape Yacht Club is the project of 4 friends who wanted to push projects such as Cryptopunks or Cryptokitties one step further. They did so by granting the owner of the ape all the commercial rights linked to the ape. They saw the apes as tokens as well, and thus was a new community created overnight. An ape was doubling as a membership card But that’s not all, they created a full story behind the apes. It is as follows: in the near future, the apes got rich with cryptocurrencies. So rich, that life became boring for them, very boring. So they started to meet up and gather in a swamp private club: the Bored Ape Yacht Club: the cool dive bar where all the cool bored kids go.
- The founders are also very responsive and have a clear roadmap, which is well communicated.
- Right now, it’s the project with the most individual owners, reaching more than 3880 wallets.
- Why did it get so popular?
- Unique looking art. All those apes have unique characters.
- BAYC sold out overnight after Jimmy and Pransky joined the minting. The art style, efficient and cool looking, with many different traits and rarities were easily all liked by the new apes.
- But what stood out was the commercial ownership of the apes; people started to give stories to their apes and create new products, new derivatives. They also took Twitter as their jungle and apes follow apes.
- Contrary to OG punks, who don’t really have any utility minus the status, a BAYC ape has the cool factor, the utility, and a flaming community who hold each other’s hands.
- It also showed that big projects like these weren’t dead and they put the bar very very high. Will BAYC take over aging cryptopunks? Who will follow suit? Utility now seems to be the new base for other NFT projects. They truly showed what a community-driven project can do. The floor to buy an ape today is 1 eth, versus 0.08 at minting. NBA players are getting into it.
- The BAYC did a genesis merch drop and it sold out in 4 minutes. It shows the power of the community and the potential for its own commercial derivatives.
- The founders, with all that power, might seek out bigger and bigger collaborations and bursting out in the traditional world wouldn’t be a surprise. BAPE x BAYC? UNIQLO X BAYC? Etc.
- They also have set up a BAYC grant for people trying to better the community.
- What is BAYC?
- Benefits, why should I ape?
- Be part of a community with diverse people. Getting in the community right now is way more affordable than cryptopunks.
- Apes help apes. Apes follow apes.
- Be part of the roadmap laid out by the founders: special surprises, breeding, a cool lofi radio on youtube.
- Breeding is coming, with a twist. Maybe derivatives?
- A 5eth treasure hunt has been planned.
- Be creative with your ape. You can monetize it.
- The founders are teaming up with Sandbox, RTFKT, etc. It might extend the life even more. For sandbox, ape holders will get a free 3d ape.
- Being part of the club might have a lifetime advantage in NFTs, as new collections or new projects might always pay homage to BAYC owners.
- How to buy an Ape
-Apes are available on opensea but the discord is a good place to enquire about buying.
- Summary Conclusion
- Growing community, both in quantitative and qualitative
- Special Club
- NBA players are joining the swamp: 3 so far
- Have a unique, cool avatar
- Bright future with collaboration
- Might take over cryptopunks at some point in time
-10000 apes were minted in 24h, for 2.8$M of primary sales.
-secondary sales up to almost 23$M,
-average of secondary is 0.78 and keeps climbing has the floor has been over 1eth for a few days
-more than 3800 owners